Thursday, February 10, 2011

A look inside of myself..

Well, This is my first blog(:
I'm still trying to get used to the site, so bear with me..
Well, for those of you who don't know me, my name is Sheilah.
I am starting this blog just for fun. To vent, you know? It's easier sometimes to just write, and let things out.
Hopefully I'll *meet* some new people, and get to share my story with them.
For starters,
     I am a musician. I play the Clarinet full time, but I own many instruments. I cannot play all of them, yet. But I plan to. Music is my passion. I will be going to college in the fall to study music performance, composition, and education. I wish I could do it all, for I have fallen in love with every aspect of music, whether it be listening to it, studying the culture & history behind it, writing it, or even playing it. I love it all. Performing is my favorite thing to do. On stage, I feel at home. I feel important. & I have the opportunity to reach out to people in a way that cannot always be done with words. That's the joy of it. Music is amazing that way. It is universal, and it can litterally speak to you.
     My grandfather first introduced me to the Saxophone, for it is his favorite instrument, and one of mine as well. It is a beautiful instrument, and I own my tenor. But, my collection will not be complete without an alto and a soprano. (: The soprano sax is my absolute favorite.
     I guess you could say that I'm ordinary. But, the fact is, there is no ordinary. Everyone is their own unique person. I am different than the people I know in many different aspects. I, for one, and a hopeless romantic. & a dreamer. My goals and desires in life are realistic, but they're hard to achieve. I set high expectations of myself, and am dissapointed if I am anything less.
     I love people, but I hate the things people can do. I cannot stand people who make fun of another, for any reason at all. They have no excuse. It shouldn't be done. I hurts people. Besides, who are we to decide what is ordinary and what is not?
     Well, I guess that's all for now. I'm going on 1am here. (: Goodnight everybody.


~Sheilah Collette


No comments:

Post a Comment